AC/DC Advanced Balancing Charger
Balances each cell for maximum voltage and longer life!
There are a lot of chargers out there. But there are few that offer modelers as much for as little as the Onyx 235.
There's peak charging for nickel-based packs…balanced charging for lithium packs…three output adapters…two balancing boards for 2S-6S packs…even a USB jack for charging personal electronics and a mini USB jack for downloading firmware updates. Versatile and value-packed: two great reasons to buy an Onyx 235.
- Balances and charges up to 4 LiPo, LiIon and LiFe cells — and peak charges up to 10 cell NiCd and NiMH cells.
- Charges all packs at up to 8A — and lithium packs at up to 4C!
- Includes the 4 output adapters drivers use most: standard and Star Plug* connectors, plus JST XH and Thunder Power™ 6S balancing boards.
- Detachable AC and DC cords reduce tabletop clutter, but leave power options open.
- Balances lithium cells with +/- 5mV accuracy — maximizes the voltage charge of each cell and simultaneously conditions them for longer life and solid performance.
- Features push buttons and audible cues for simple setup — and 10 battery memories for instant recall and customized results.
- Protects packs with an automatic safety timer — and itself with reverse polarity and current overload circuitry.
- Built-in fan kicks in automatically, to keep heat down and performance high.
*U.S. Patent D749,046 and Patent Pending
The Model 235 is the most versatile Onyx charger to date. With charge rates of 0.1-8A, it's the right choice for nitro and electric cars and boats, as well as transmitter and receiver packs. It peak charges up to 10 NiCd or NiMH cells, balances and charges up to 4 lithium cells (including LiFeSource LiFe packs) and includes adapters for the five most common battery connectors. In addition to radio battery and balancing jacks, the Onyx 235 also includes a USB jack for charging cell phones, music players and other accessories at the track, plus a mini USB jack for downloading firmware. Detachable AC and DC power cords, a backlit LCD visible under all lighting conditions and a 5-year warranty round out its impressive performance options and protection.
Features special-purpose jacks for added versatility:
- Universal radio (for charging transmitter and receiver packs)
- USB (for trackside cell phone and accessory charging)
- Mini USB (for downloading firmware updates)
|AC input:||110V 60Hz-240V 50Hz, 50W max|
|DC input:||11-15V Battery types: 1-10 NiCd or NiMH (1.2-12.0V)|
1-4 LiPo, LiIon or LiFe (3.7-14.8V)
|Battery capacity range:||50-9900mAh|
|Fast charge current:||0.1-8.0A, adjustable (4C limit for lithiums; 5A limit w/AC input)|
|Fast charge termination:||Peak detection (NiCd/MH cells) cc/cv (lithium cells)|
|Fast charge safety timer:||off-300 minutes|
|NiCd/MH peak sensitivity:||3-20mV, adjustable|
|NiCd/MH trickle current:||1/20 fast charge setting (auto) or 0-250 mA (manual)|
|Lithium balancing accuracy:||5mV per cell|
|Lithium balancing boards (2):||JST XH & Thunder Power 6S|
|Lithium node current (max.):||300mA|
|Controls:||4 push buttons|
|Display type:||2x8 reversed, backlit LCD|
|Data displayed:||Cell chemistry; input, output and peak voltage (packs), balancing voltages (cells) & charge current, capacity and time.|
|Setup tones:||on / off|
|Output connections*:||banana jacks; balancing jack; universal jack (for radio packs); USB jack (for cell phones & music players); mini USB jack (for firmware downloads)|
|Output adapters (2):||banana plugs to: standard & Star Plug|
|Protective Devices:||solid-state reverse polarity and current overload & safety timer|
|Case Size:||6.3 x 5.3 x 1.7 in (160 x 134 x 43 mm)|
|Weight:||19.7 oz (559 g, w/DC cord attached)|
|DTXC2223||Charge Lead — Banana Plugs/Vendetta, Mini Q|
|DTXC2225||Charge Lead — Banana Plugs/4 mm Bullet Plugs|
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.